Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's My Blog and I'll Brag if I Want to!

I am the Gramma of a five year old granddaughter--the one and only.  Yesterday was her first day of Kindergarten and she loved it!  She is a natural for school--super social and loves to learn!  Today she called to tell me she has her first "wiggly tooth"!  She has been waiting and waiting for this day.  She has a friend who is six and one who is seven and they have both lost teeth.  She kept wondering WHEN it would be her turn!  She informed me that "girls in Kindergarten are supposed to have wiggly teeth!"  At the end of the call she said, "Gramma, I LOVE my wiggly tooth!"  What a silly girl:)

My daughter told me the little princess has been growing up so fast lately--wants to shower instead of bathe; wants privacy when dressing; picking out her own clothes (previously she only wanted to pick out her shoes--that's Gramma's girl!); wants to do everything herself; and now the wiggly tooth!

My daughter and her family live about a seven hour drive from us but I go to visit every three months and have since the grandbaby was born.  I usually spend a long weekend--go up on Friday, come back on Monday--but since I am retired, I decided to go up on Sunday and come back on Friday this time.  That will give me time to see my granddaughter's classroom and go to her swimming lessons.

As I have said before, I am a knitter!  So, during my visits to see my daughter and granddaughter, I knit in my spare moments.  One day my granddaughter asked me if I was going to teach her to knit someday and I assured her I would.  She just said, "Okay!" and went on her merry way.  She wasn't ready to learn yet, just wanted to be sure I would teach her when she was ready.  In the Spring when I was visiting, we were in the car on our way to a restaurant--darling granddaughter in her booster seat in the back and Gramma sitting next to her.  I was knitting a scarf with some yarn I bought at a little quilt shop in Heppner called Artisan Village/Quilter's Roundup (they carry a limited supply of yarn and knitting supplies but their fabric supply is impressive).  I was knitting along and ran out of yarn.  My granddaughter said, "Gramma, you ran out of yarn; what are you going to do?"  I said, "I think there is one more skein of yarn at the shop where I bought this."  Then she said, "Gramma, you better hurry before the other Grammas get it!"  It was all my daughter and I could do NOT to bust out laughing.  We could both picture a brawl of Grammas over ONE skein of yarn!!!

As you can see, my granddaughter provides us with many happy moments!  Things always look different when seen through the eyes of a child.  I hope you have children in your life--kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, children of friends--to help you see life the way it really is.

Live, laugh and love!  Kat

www.quiltersroundup.com  (if you're addicted to fabric, this is the place to go)

1 comment:

  1. Your granddaughter is so so funny! What a bundle of joy.

    That shop is amazing! I shall agree :)

    ReplyDelete