Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men...

Lithograph, Home To Thanksgiving, published by...Image via Wikipedia
I got up Thanksgiving morning ready to write a post about the things I am thankful for.  NO INTERNET!  Our internet didn't come back on till I was elbow deep in dinner preparation for our guests.  So, needless to say, I am thankful for the internet when it's working!!!

Our guests were fun, gracious, insightful and as thankful to be at our table as we were to have them.  It was truly a Thanksgiving that I will compare other Thanksgivings to:)  Oh, and did I get pictures of our guests or the food?  NO!  Next year I will have to put someone else in charge of that little detail!  It's obvious I can't be trusted!

I am thankful for:

    Ben Jerry Cherry Garcia          Image via Wikipedia
  • A wonderful, caring God who knows my needs and provides what's best for me
  • My very own Bible to read.  At one time Bibles were hard to come by and people held them as precious when they finally got one.  We need to hold ours as precious too because it is God's love letter to us.
  • My husband (most of the time anyway)
  • My children and precious granddaughter
  • Two very special children who are as dear to me as family
  • My warm, comfortable (not fancy but very comfortable) home
  • Friends--the keepers!
  • Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream (did I really write that one down?!!!)
  • My iPod Touch!  I know this one sounds silly but my hubby says it's my best friend.  I have had it for almost three years now and would be lost without it!  When they say, "There's an app for that!", they mean it!  My iPod Touch has three+ versions of the Bible; Strong's Concordance; hymnal; devotionals; prayer list; books (lots of books); dictionaries, listmakers; games--I love word games; cookbooks; the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights; lots of references such as zip code directory and world maps; and an IKEA shopping app (if you've been to IKEA, you know WHY I need this one).
  • The readers of my blog.  Where would I be without YOU?!!!  I love your comments and suggestions.  Though I don't get many comments on the blog, I do get them in person and via email.  
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and that you will keep a thankful heart each and every day!  Kat
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment