Monday, November 15, 2010

Chocolate Poorman's Cake

As I was growing up, one of my favorite cake recipes was Chocolate Poorman's Cake.  It has also been called Depression Cake because it doesn't use milk or eggs but the typical Depression Cake is a spice cake.  I hope you like this cake as much as I do:)

Chocolate Poorman's Cake
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
6 Tbsp cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup oil
2 cups water
2 Tbsp vinegar
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl then pour into 13"X9"X2" greased baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

My mother used to mix the cake ingredients right in the pan.  Works good either way.

See you tomorrow with another of my favorite websites.  Kat
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment