Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Learning and Growing!

The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More FunOne thing I vowed to do when I retired was continue to learn and grow!  I am like a sponge--can't get enough learning about all types of subjects.  On October 21 I listened to a teleconference of an interview with Gretchen Rubin.  She once clerked for Sandra Day O'Conner but then decided to pursue a writing career.  She started her blog called The Happiness Project in 2006 and has since written a book by the same name.

Listening to the interview with Gretchen I gleaned some great tips for writing my blog.

  1. If you have trouble writing one or two days a week, write six days a week.  The idea is that doing something every day is easier than doing it sometimes--it's just what I do:)
  2. Be true to yourself.
  3. Don't bash people (my paraphrase).
  4. Select topics for each day of the week (Wednesdays will be highlighting one of my favorite websites)
  5. Be informative.
  6. Be fun.
Sooo, I will be writing more often--sometimes short, sometimes longer.  Writing this blog is one of my Happiness Projects.  What are yours?  The Kat is Back!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment