Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stamping Club Projects for March

Thursdays I try to blog about things I love and I LOVE our Happy Stampers stamping club!!!  I meet once a month with the best group of ladies and we have sooo much fun!  I wanted to share with you the projects we did last week.  They turned out sooo cute!!!
The card on the left is made using Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla Cardstock. The stamp set is in the Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini catalog and it is called Easter Blossoms. The blossoms were stamped using the Pretty in Pink Classic Ink Pad. The girl and the saying were stamped using the Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pad. All of the edges were sponged with Chocolate Chip Ink. I also used Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper for the bottom of the card. The "ribbon" used is a new Stampin' Up! item and is actually 1/2" seam binding. And the color is Pear Pizzazz! Don't you LOVE the gathered effect.  The "pearls" were purchased at a craft store but were waayyy more expensive than the ones in the Stampin' Up! catalog so I'd better lay in a supply:) Thank you Dawn Griffith for this great idea. 


The next card became a stamping club project after I had to make a quick Thank You card for one of my husband's clients.  I liked it so much I took the idea to stamping club and they loved the quick and easy idea.  I also made three Sympathy Cards using the same general idea! I used Marina Mist and Very Vanilla Cardstock. Again I used Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper and Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon. The flower is an item called Vintage Flower Adornments and comes in a package of 24 (8 Very Vanilla, 8 Rose Red, and 8 Baja Breeze). The saying is from the stamp set called Sincere Salutations. Oh, and I almost forgot my favorite part of this card--the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder for the Big Shot!  I think the embossed tulips make this card, don't you?!!! I am thinking I need more embossing folders...hmmm!


Last but not least is a card we made at a workshop I did while at my daughter's the beginning of the month. We made two cards at the workshop--the Cupcake Card I posted last month and the one I am showing here. This is also a card I saw on Dawn Griffith's website but I believe the original was made by Shelli Gardner, Cofounder and CEO of Stampin' Up! For this card I used Crumb Cake and Whisper White Cardstock (I would have normally used Very Vanilla but was away from home and only had my Whisper White with me so sponged the edges of the scalloped oval with Early Espresso Ink). I have a "thing" going with the Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper, Vintage Flower Adornments and the Easter Blossoms stamp set. The cherry blossoms were stamped using the Rose Red Classic Ink Pad and the saying was stamped using the Early Espresso Classic Ink Pad. I also used the Eyelet Border Punch and Crumb Cake 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon. The saying was punched out using the Scallop Oval Punch.


I hope you have a creative outlet--one where you can express yourself and share it with others.  If not, let me help you discover cardmaking and scrapbooking.  Papercrafting is one craft I have been doing for nearly 20 years and I never get tired of it. 


Have a creative day and do something you love.  Kat


Kathy's Stampin' Up! website
Ideas from Dawn Griffith

No comments:

Post a Comment