Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Moroccan Orange-Walnut Salad

I was just going through some of my old recipes and found a recipe I thought was long gone. Whoo Hoo!!! This recipe was given to me in 1983 by a lady who was a friend at the time named Leitha. She and her husband owned the Tell & Sell in Sweet Home, Oregon at the time. Wow! What a blast from the past. I make this salad a lot in the spring/early summer when we have lots of spinach in the garden. Love it!!! I hope you will like it too:)


Moroccan Orange-Walnut Salad


3 large oranges, cut in bite-size chunks
1 Tablespoon honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon


Combine orange chunks, honey and cinnamon in bowl; cover; let set at least one hour.


1/2 pound mixed fresh greens -- I use spinach
1/2 cup walnuts, halves or quarters
1 Tablespoon red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional--I forgot about the oil and haven't used it for years!)
Salt and pepper to taste


Mix vegetables and nuts together in serving bowl. Chill to keep green crisp and fresh. Just before serving, add oranges, oil, salt and pepper.


An attractive salad, especially nice served in a glass bowl.


Garden pictures later this week! Have a great day!! Kat



1 comment:

  1. I have fond memories of reading the Tell & Sell when visiting my grandparents as a child. Thanks for the memory lane.... And the yummy sounding recipe.

    ReplyDelete