Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stamping Club Projects for June

Our Happy Stampers stamping club met on June 22. I don't know how we can have more fun than the month before because every club meeting is fun but this one had to be the most fun yet!  Everyone was at the top of their game--except me.  I thought I had all the projects cut out and ready to go but found I wasn't as prepared as I thought:( The ladies were great about it and looked at their new Stampin' Up! catalogs while waiting for me to get my act together. I think the new Stampin' Up! catalog just makes everybody happy!!!


This month I think I had a Melon Mambo theme going on. For the card on the far left I used Melon Mambo card stock for the base. Then I used the Fabulous Florets stamp set (LOVE IT!) to stamp the flowers in Pacific Point and Daffodil Delight; the leaves were stamped in Wild Wasabi on Whisper White card stock. I stamped the other flower with Melon Mambo Classic ink, then cut it out and popped it up with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment that comes in the Fabulous Florets stamp set with Pacific Point Classic ink on Whisper White card stock and matted with Melon Mambo. I used Basic Rhinestones in the center of three of the flowers on the background. 


The card on the right of the picture above was taken from a design in the Stampin' Up! demonstrator's magazine called Stampin' Success. I used Melon Mambo textured 12 x 12 card stock for the base to make the card 3" x 6" (fits in a regular letter size envelope). I stamped the butterflies from the stamp set Strength & Hope with Pretty in Pink, Curry (retired) and Bashful Blue Classic ink and used a Basic Rhinestone for the head of each butterfly. The sentiment is from the On Your Birthday stamp set and was stamped with Melon Mambo on Whisper White card stock; matted with Melon Mambo card stock.


 This month I added a bonus project that I found on Dawn Griffith's website. You use one sheet of 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper--mine is Certainly Celery--to make a six page booklet. Cute! Cute! Cute! I stamped the stem with Wild Wasabi on Whisper White card stock then matted it with Melon Mambo. I stamped the flowers with Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight on Whisper White card stock and cut them out, then popped them up on Dimensionals. The Melon Mambo card stock is attached with Dimensionals only at the top and bottom to allow the ribbon to slide underneath. Each page inside was decorated with either Whisper White card stock or Old Olive (it's what I had). 
This would be a great gift for a friend with pictures and journaling or as a Gramma's Brag book. Lots of possibilities and super easy!


I am super excited about the projects for July. We will be using the new Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (in the Summer Mini) and the Big Shot to create a card inspired by a quilt. And I am hoping to master the pop-up card so we can do that one as well! Keep your fingers crossed. 


July is going to be a super busy month but will continue to blog when I can. I do have more going on than making cards but making cards IS the most fun:) 


Have a great day and a super week! Thanks for stopping by:) Kat





No comments:

Post a Comment