Thursday, January 5, 2012

Got THIS in the Mail!

We LOVE persimmons!!! And fortunately my sister-in-law lives where they give them away:))) We just received a package from her with 22 beautiful persimmons wrapped so carefully in the box. Hubby ate THREE of them yesterday! I finally ate one this morning. Decided I'd better get to it or I wouldn't get any!!!


We are hoping to make it down to my sister-in-law's next year when the persimmons are on so we can come home with a whole carload:)


Did you know that:

  • You wait till the leaves fall off the tree to pick persimmons? 
  • Persimmons are the most eaten fruit in the world?
  • The American Persimmon (above) is higher in Vitamin C and Calcium than the Japanese Persimmon?
My favorite fruit would be mangos or peaches. It's always hard for me to choose. When I'm eating mangos, it's mangos. When I'm eating peaches, it's peaches:)

I was watching the Nate Berkus Show yesterday and was reminded that eating the whole fruit has way less calories than drinking a glass of juice. And for me it tastes better too!

Have a great day and resolve to make good food choices this year. I am! Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment