Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year! My mind is awhirl with ideas for the new year and for my blog! But more about that later:)


Today I went out to the garden to see what I could salvage for dinner. Well, the cold weather we had a month ago didn't hurt the carrots, beets or parsnips at all! We have the rows covered with about a foot of straw and they were just nice and comfy cozy down there waiting to be used. This is going to be one delicious meal! We have a lot more where those came from as long as temps don't get down below zero for any length of time.


My hubby is eating raw carrots and feeding them to the dogs as I'm typing this. Our dogs LOVE carrots! They eat them raw but when you cook them up they will practically do back flips for them. Of course the carrots are really good for the dogs as long as they aren't salted or have a sauce on them--just plain ol' carrots!


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you make wise food choices in the New Year. Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment