Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

As I was looking over my Resolutions for last year and deciding what to do this year, I was surprised that I did as well as I did. The success or failure of the resolutions probably lay with Resolution #10: Set goals for each resolution. Since I didn't do that one at all, my success was not as good as it should have been. So, let's see how I did:

  1. Organize Craft Room--half done and will most likely have it done by March, 2012.
  2. Get up at 5:00 am.--wondering if this one is really necessary since I am retired.
  3. Exercise 5 x per week--did really good with this one for awhile but need to get back to it. 
  4. Lose 30#--I lost 15# so should be able to lose the other 15 this year.
  5. Read one non-fiction book per month--did this one in spades! Sometimes two non-fiction books a month.
  6. Make all cards I give this year--very nearly aced this one. We did purchase Christmas cards. I look forward to making ALL my cards in 2012.
  7. Become reacquainted with Flylady.net--well, let's just say we have a lot to do on our relationship!
  8. Take more pictures--I am taking more pictures because of this blog and because of our new puppy. Looking forward to taking even more pictures in 2012:)
  9. Paint, paper and tile kitchen--didn't happen:( Will see if I can muster the energy this year to get it done.
  10. Set goals for each resolution--didn't happen.
For 2012 I am not going to have Resolutions, I am going to have Goals! That takes care of #10 right off the bat! So, for this year my Goals are:
  1. Finish Craft Room
  2. Finish UFOs (unfinished objects or projects). I could probably take care of next year's Christmas list right here!
  3. Sew more
  4. Make two baby blankets for Stitches from the Heart and two lap robes or prayer shawls for Hospice.
  5. Lose 20 more pounds
  6. Exercise 5 X week
  7. Visit more--take time for friendly visits over tea or lunch
  8. Send more snail mail! Especially to children:)
  9. Definitely make more cards!
  10. More Blog Posts. Last year I did 87 so would like to double that! That is only 14.5 blog posts per month. Let's see how I do!
  11. Make or purchase two Christmas gifts and one birthday gift per month, wrap and tag them. This would make gift giving sooo much more fun and I do love to give gifts! My daughter reminded me to put them where I can find them:)
Okay, I will do an update on my resolutions in March to let you know how I'm doing. 

Have a great day and a wonderful week! Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment