Thursday, January 19, 2012

Oh, the Weather!

Last night was supposed to be the Happy Stampers Stamping Club January meeting but the weather didn't cooperate:( Between 7:00 pm on Tuesday night and 2:00 yesterday afternoon, we got 8" of snow. Our little English Bulldog puppy thought he was in Disneyland and our Great Dane was romping through the snow like he didn't have any sense! Wait! The jury is still out on that one!!! Our 11 year old miniature dachshund hates the snow and doesn't even want to go off the porch to do his business!

Needless to say I was very disappointed about stamping club but was able to reschedule for next week. Good thing or I would have had 21 Valentines cut out and ready to go! I will share those with you next week. However, in trying to figure out what we were going to make at stamping club I made a couple of test cards that didn't make the cut--not because I don't like them but because of what was involved.

This card used Pretty in Pink card stock on a Basic Black card stock base. On the bottom piece of card stock I used the Lots of Love Letterpress Plate inked with Versamark Ink and run through the Big Shot. I also used Real Red grosgrain ribbon, Big Designer Button, Red Glimmer Paper, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Heart to Heart Punch and Scallop Border Punch. I CASed this card from Heather Summers at Stamp with Heather but changed it up a big to use what I had on hand. Made in a different color this card would make a great anniversary card.

This second card is the same design as the first but I used a Pretty in Pink card stock base with Whisper White as the second layer. The strip is Basic Black card stock with a Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon  through the middle. My Big Designer Button has a bow made from Early Espresso Baker's Twine. I used Pretty in Pink ink on the Lots of Love Letterpress Plate and ran it through the Big Shot. The hearts stamped at the top are from a cheap set I picked up at the craft store. I used Red Glimmer Paper to punch out the cute little hearts on the tails of my bow.

So glad you stopped by today. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment