Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Blossom Punch

Good Morning everyone in Blogland! Friends are talking about Pinterest and the hours they spend looking around there. I spend so much time in Blogland that I would never have time for Pinterest! I have checked it out however and find it could be a very interesting place. Interesting little note about Pinterest though. Did you know you can only join Pinterest through Facebook or Twitter. I don't have either account so emailed Pinterest to ask it there was another way. I was told that there isn't at this time but I could join Facebook or Twitter, sign up with Pinterest then close the Facebook or Twitter account. Well, decided not to bother. I can still peruse friends boards when I want to even though I am not signed up.
Sorry about the funky angle of the photo:(


Well enough of that! I want to share a very pretty card with you that I CASed from Justin at JK Cards! Justin's card had the flower on the fold-side punched out and the stamping was in the punched out area. Well, I couldn't find my Stamp-a-ma-jig (ended up buying a new one) so had to improvise so stamped and punched out the flower and put it on top--worked fine but wasn't quite as impressive as Justin's. The flower on the left side of the card is cut off even with the embossed piece of card stock.


In spite of the strange photo, the Wisteria Wonder card stock was cut at 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". For this project I used:


The NEW Blossom Punch and Mixed Bunch stamp set (in the Occasions Mini Catalog); Sentiment is from the Elementary Elegance stamp set which is a Sale-a-bration item; Leaves are made using the Blossom Builder Punch
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White and Old Olive card stock
Ink: Old Olive Stampin' Pad
Other: 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Polka Dot Embossing Folder used with the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine.


Though I used the "Happy Birthday" sentiment on this card it would make a great Mother's Day or Easter card.


I hope you like the card today and be sure to check out Justin's website! Lots of inspiration to be had there!


Wait till you see what I have for you tomorrow!  Kat







No comments:

Post a Comment