Friday, April 27, 2012

Birthday Pop-up Card

My granddaughter's birthday is in June so thought it would be fun to make a birthday card for her at our May Happy Stampers Club meeting. I had the tutorial for the card I wanted to make but wanted to work it up to make sure it was doable for me! 
I'm afraid I put it together kinda quick so didn't get my pieces as straight as I would have liked. Next month I will be able to show you the one for my granddaughter and will take more time with it. My granddaughter is only six but she appreciates my cards, gushes over them and saves them in a special place:) 


For this card I used:

  • Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Real Red
  • Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper--I LOVE this paper!!! Oh, have I said that before?!!!
  • Sentiment from Tea Shoppe stamp set
  • Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, Cupcake Builder, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Scallop Border
  • Big Shot, Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Hearts)
  • Dimensionals, Sticky Strip
The picture at right is what the card looks like when opened! Whoo Hoo! This is one really cool card! For the granddaughter I plan to use Pink Pirouette (or Pretty in Pink, not sure yet), Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush--very girlie! You could attach a gift card to the piece of Daffodil Delight. 

I have Lynda at Lynda's Quiet Time to thank for the wonderful tutorial for this card. She has been doing some amazing things with the Petite Purse Die. Check out her blog and tell her I sent you:)

I hope you have a great weekend. Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment