Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Range

I recently got a new range and I love it! Actually I wasn't even thinking about a new stove even though the old one had some issues but hubby found one and bought it! Where??? Why, Costco, of course!


My new stove is a Premier Pro Series 30" Stainless Steel Sealed Burner Gas Range by Peerless. I am finding that the black top shows every speck of dust but am willing to live with that! The back left burner has 15,000 BTUs as opposed to 9,100 BTUs for the two burners on the right side. The front left burner is called a Simmer Burner with only 600 (low)-6,000 (high) BTUs. 


"The Natural Convection Oven System has a baffled oven burner that distributes heat evenly through scientifically located oven vents for better baking performance." It also has a low 150 degree oven thermostat that is perfect for making my granola which I bake at 150 degrees overnight. The oven door closes and the racks easily pull in and out (the issues with my old stove). 


You might be asking why we purchased this particular range as opposed to one of the many on the market. We live off-grid so we are very conscious of power usage and did you know that most gas ranges use electricity for more than just the clock and oven light? Most gas ranges have what they call a glow bar that uses about 400 watts of electricity the whole time the oven is on. Another drawback to these ranges is that if your power is off, you cannot use your stove--the burners will not work and neither will the oven. With my new range, if I don't have any power (rare at my house) I can light my burners with a match and still use the oven. Took some careful research on my hubby's part to get just the range we needed. 


I thought I would show a picture of my oven while it is still clean:) I sure hope I can keep it looking like this!  Look at that shine!!!


For someone who likes to cook as much as I do, a good range is important. Check out the bread on the counter beside the stove:)


I hope you are having a good day and a great week. Thanks for stopping by.
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment