Thursday, May 31, 2012

Weekly Money Check-Up

Ginna at My Pretty Pennies has a Weekly Money Check-Up and I thought it would be fun to play along this week. I think this will help me to be a little more aware of my money. 


I have a book that I am going to dust off and start reading again, The Energy of Money by Maria Nemeth, Ph.D. This book suggests it will help you:

  • Uncover the hidden landscape of beliefs, patterns, and habits that underlie and sometimes subvert your everyday use of money and personal resources
  • Tame the dragons of driven behavior and busyholism
  • Defuse fears of deprivation and scarcity
  • Embrace and work through paradox and confusion
  • Consciously focus your money energy
  • Clear yourself to receive the energy and support of others and the universe
  • Develop and stay on your personal path to abundance
So, I guess you know what will be on my reading table for the next week! I am always thinking I need to "make more" and my husband says I just need to "spend less". Hmmm!

Soooo...here goes with the Weekly Money Check-Up:
  1. The most I've spent this last week was on food at the Sumpter Flea Market--$14.
  2. Today I am thankful for a day alone:) Don't get too many of those!
  3. Money can't buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was cuddling with our English Bulldog puppy Rocky! He is such a cuddlebug!
  4. I will consider this week a success if I get my desk cleaned off! I think I can make it through Saturday without spending anymore money!
  5. I am really trying to get some sewing done--tote bags (for gifts), doll clothes (granddaughter's birthday is coming up), clothes pin bag (out of old blue jeans) so our puppy will quit chewing up my clothes pins! However, these things will likely still be on my list next week:( Really need a "round tuit"!
I would love to hear how you have been doing with your spending. What is your spending challenge? I have two BIG challenges--buying Stampin' Up! stuff (I try really hard to NOT spend more than I make but sometimes...) and purchasing gifts for those I love. I am going to TRY to make more gifts this year to bring the $$$ amount down. 

Have a great day; the weekend is almost here! Kat




No comments:

Post a Comment