Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday

Welcome to another edition of Happy Homemaker Monday. I hope you had a great weekend and are ready for another week. This is going to be another busy week for me but next week...ahhh, sweet relief! I should be able to get back on schedule (what's that???) and get some maintenance stuff done around here! But, in the meantime, need to stay focused this week to get everything done! 


Happy Homemaker Monday is started each week by Sandra at {Diary of a Stay at Home Mom}. So, let's get started...


The weather...Now this is a depressing subject! At 9:00 am it is 60 degrees F, the wind is blowing (hard) and I am wearing a SWEATSHIRT!!! Brrr! Oh well, the strawberries, raspberries and lettuce like the cooler temps.


On my reading pile...My Bible, A Time to Embrace by Karen Kingsbury and my new Vegetarian Times magazine!!!


On the TV...Nothing till Wednesday when Dogs in the City will be on again.


On the menu for this week...

  • Monday--Mushroom Barley Soup & Salad
  • Tuesday--homemade Pizza and Salad
  • Wednesday--gone to Stamping Club (guys are on their own:)
  • Thursday--Mizidra (hubby liked it so much last week he asked for it again)
  • Friday-Monday will be at daughter's house:)
On my To Do List...
  • Get projects ready for Stamping Club
  • Make 4 Graduation cards, 2 Birthday cards and 6 Thank You cards
  • Finish gifts for Granddaughter's birthday
  • Pick and freeze strawberries and raspberries
  • Pack to go to daughter's
  • Plus the laundry and housework that is usual
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
Dress for granddaughter's 18" doll in lavender fingering yarn.
Hope to have it finished by the time I get there on Friday:)
Wheat Doily (haven't started the wheat part yet).
Hope to have it finished and ready to show by next week!
Homemaking tip...My all-time favorite tip is the Mystic Maid Microfiber Cloth. Now, I know you have tried a lot of microfiber cloths, some good and some not so good but Mystic Maid takes microfiber to a whole new level. I received my first Mystic Maid cloth as a gift. I thought "What's with this and what do I do with it?" I don't remember how long it was before I finally used it but when I did, there was no going back! This cloth is hands down the best way to clean mirrors, windows, shiny marble countertops, black-topped ranges, faucets--anything you want to shine with no streaks!!! You don't use any cleaner (a huge savings right there) plus unlike paper towels the cloth is reusable (another cost savings)! To use, just wet with water, wring out and wipe your surface. When the surface dries there are NO STREAKS!!! The cost is US $14 (includes shipping and handling within the US) which is a bit pricey however I have had my cloths for about 15 years and they are still as good as new! I don't know what you would have to do to wear out one of these cloths.

Looking around the house...A little cluttered but clean. Our 12 year old miniature dachshund at my feet. Stamping stuff spread out on the dining room table ready for me to get to work!

From the camera...

Raspberry bushes are loaded! I picked over a gallon of berries yesterday and will likely get about half that today! I feel so blessed to live in a place where we can grow good food to eat and to have a husband who enjoys growing things--food, flowers, trees...

Something fun to share... Multigrain Tortilla Chips by Food Should Taste Good! These chips/crackers are made with flax, sunflower, and sesame seeds, quinoa, soy and brown rice. They are certified Gluten Free and are DELICIOUS!!! I particularly like them paired with Sabra Hummus and I am able to purchase them both at Costco:)

On my Prayer List...
  • My brother who recently lost his wife
  • A friend with cancer
  • A friend who is trying to figure out where God wants them
  • My mom's health
  • My trip to visit daughter on Friday
  • Warmer weather (I know, be careful what you ask for)
Bible verse; Devotional...
This is for me this morning from a little book called Steps to Christ by Ellen G. White:
"Consecrate yourself to God in the morning; make this your very first work. Let your prayer be, "Take me, O Lord, as wholly Thine. I lay all my plans at Thy feet. Use me today in Thy service. Abide with me, and let all my work be wrought in Thee". This is a daily matter. Each morning consecrate yourself to God for that day. Surrender all your plans to Him, to be carried out or given up as His providence shall indicate. Thus day by day you may be giving your life into the hands of God, and thus your life will be molded more and more after the life of Christ."

Thank you for stopping by today to share my Happy Homemaker Monday! I hope you have a truly blessed day! Kat





No comments:

Post a Comment