Thursday, June 28, 2012

What's for Breakfast?

What could be better than a delicious Raspberry Smoothie first thing in the morning? How about a Vegan Raspberry Smoothie?!!! My handsome hubby and I are trying to go vegan and for the most part are doing pretty good (if you don't count my visit to my daughter's last weekend). We have purchased several protein shake powders over the years that contain dairy--usually whey. Some are good; some are not so good. We recently purchased the Sunwarrior Plant-based Protein Powder. 


Sunwarrior Classic Protein uses an old world process, combining the endosperm and bran from raw sprouted whole grain brown rice to create the first completely hypoallergenic protein, containing all essential and non-essential amino acids in a perfectly balanced profile. Sunwarrior Classic Protein has the highest amount of (non-soy) raw, whole grain, sprouted vegan protein of any product available.
--from the Sunwarrior website.


We purchased the vanilla flavored protein powder which is sweetened with stevia but I read that the natural flavored protein powder is not sweetened with anything. For our Raspberry Smoothie this morning I used:

  • 2 cups water
  • 1 banana
  • 2 scoops Sunwarrior Classic Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 2 cups fresh raspberries from our garden
  • 8 ice cubes
Blended in my Vitamix Blender for about 1 minute. There was enough smoothie for my husband and me to each have a glass and a half.

We purchased our Sunwarrior Classic Protein Powder from Azure Standard where we purchase our bulk foods but I noticed that it is also available from Amazon. The reviews on Amazon gave this product 4 out of 5 stars!

So, if you are looking for a non-dairy, plant-based protein powder that is also soy-free and gluten free, try the Sunwarrior Classic Protein Powder. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment