Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday

Today it's time for Happy Homemaker Monday started each week by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. I hope you are having a great day--for a Monday that is:) So, here we go...

Weather...Today it is only 82 degrees (F) at 3:00 in the afternoon! I LOVE this kind of weather!!! The garden is loving it too--not too hot; not too cold:)

On my reading pile...Just finishing Morning Comes Softly by Debbie Macomber. The book is good but I really like her more recent writing better. I have the Annie's People series by Beverly Lewis on my reading pile. The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook and Shawls Two on the go! will be here this week!

On my TV...Working through the episodes of Numbers on Netflix.

On the menu this week...
Monday--Spaghetti with butter, garlic and basil; green salad; corn on the cob
Tuesday--Mizidra (finally cool enough to cook)
Wednesday--Tacos
Thursday--Garbanzo Oat Patties, Baked Potatoes, green salad
Friday--Veggie hot dogs and potato salad
Saturday--not sure

On my to do list...

  • Clean apartment (for guests)
  • Make tea for my Kombucha "mushroom"--gotta feed Scoby Do:)
  • Exercise
  • Make and can salsa
  • Dry more peaches
  • Straighten the house
What I am sewing, knitting, crocheting or creating...Nothing at the moment but the Shawls Two on the go! book should reignite my creativity!

Homemaking Tips...Freezing herbs: 
  • Rinse
  • Drain
  • Chop
  • Pack herbs into ice cube tray cups
  • Slowly pour water into cups
  • Freeze for 24 hours
  • Put cubes into freezer bags
  • To use just put a cube or two into whatever you're cooking and you will have the taste of fresh herbs year round:)
Looking around the house...A little cluttered:(

From the camera...
 
The Hydrangeas are starting to bloom:)

On my prayer list...
  • 3 very special ladies each with various stages of cancer.
  • My hubby and his work.
  • My friends
  • My children
Bible Verse; Devotional...
"...'I have called you friends.' It is a friendship based on the new life created in us which has no affinity with our old life, but only with the love of God. It is unutterably humble, unsulliedly pure, and absolutely devoted to God." 
--from My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

Thanks for stopping by for the Happy Homemaker Monday. 

Kat




2 comments:

  1. I like Debbie Macomber but not all of her books though, it's weird :)

    I also have Annie's People series on my Kindle :)

    Great tip for the herbs, and I love your photo, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandra! I really enjoy the Happy Homemaker Mondays--when I remember:)

    ReplyDelete