Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Matchbook Post-it Holder Dilemma

Oh, to have a lightbox! That is definitely #1 on my wish list at the moment! I think the #1 card photographer (in my opinion) is Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty. Her photos are always crisp and clear.

Now on to my dilemma. Our Happy Stampers stamping club meets tomorrow and I can't decide which one of these Matchbook Post-it Holders to have the ladies make. I like them both but truth be known, I am partial to Betsy's Blossoms stamp set (on the left). For the one on the right I used the flower from Button Buddies, stamped it 3 times so I could cut out the layers. Then I put a Dimensional between each layer and put a button in the middle. The flower is super cute in person:)

The video tutorial to make this Matchbook Post-it Holder is from Splitcoast Stampers and very easy to follow. 

For these projects I used the following Stampin' Up! products:

For Matchbook Post-it Holder on left...

  • Card stock: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo and Whisper White 
  • Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms and Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Classic Stampin' Pads: Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade
  • Other: Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip and 3"X 3" Post-it Note Pad (from Costco)
For Matchbook Post-it Holder on right...
  • Card stock: Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade and Whisper White
  • Stamps: Button Buddies and Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Other: Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Button from Brights Collection and 3"X 3" Post-it Note Pad (from Costco)
Matchbook Post-it Holder open

So, which one do YOU like best? I will let you know tomorrow which one I chose. Have a great day. Hope you are staying cool where you are!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm with you on this one, I like the Betsy's Blossoms one also. I also need a light box. A friend of mine made hers. I'm going to see if I can get the directions from her. Do you want me to send you a copy if I get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Would love to have directions to make my own. I passed up an offer to purchase a $100 light box with lights and 4 backgrounds for $30--what was I thinking?!!! I have been kicking myself ever since!

      Delete