Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Paper Crafting Fun

Yesterday I got to spend the day with my favorite 10 year old, Kelley. Since I know several 10 years olds, you might ask what makes her my favorite. Well, I have known her since before she was born. I baby sat her as an infant and toddler. She and I have a special bond that the years just seem to make stronger. AND, she loves to craft! 

Today I am showing you Kelley's  paper crafting from yesterday. She was a card making machine!!! Every time she comes to visit her skill level improves:)
Above card opened up

For this card we used the card template from Dawn Griffith at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts that my Happy Stampers made in July. I already had the base card cut out of Tempting Turquoise card stock but Kelley did all the stamping and decorating! For this project she used Summer Smooches dsp and Bold Blossoms stamp set. 



She remembered me making a wedding card last summer and wanted to try it for herself. Again the idea came from Dawn Griffith at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts (the links take you directly to her video tutorial). I think she did a great job, don't you? She was itching to use the stamp from Creative Elements that she wrote "Contrats" in! She really enjoys the stamps!


She was having a great time punching out hearts so I cut her a base for the Tri-fold Card in Perfect Plum. She used Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Pool Party and Island Indigo card stock for this card--no stamping necessary:)


I was having a hard time getting a picture of this card without the glare. It must have been the black because I was taking the picture in the exact same spot and with the same lighting as the others. Hmmm. Kelley was particularly proud of this card. She eyed the Blossom Builder Punch and started to think of the possibilities. She used 4 layers of petals with a dimensional between each level. I think this card stock was Raspberry Ripple but it could have been Rose Red--sorry I can't remember but either would work good for this card. The white dot in the middle is actually a Large Basic Pearl.


Last but not least, is this adorable Birthday Card. She used Island Indigo as her base. Her stamping was done on Whisper White using Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade and Pretty in Pink Classic Stampin' Pads. The cupcakes are from the Carry On Hostess stamp set and the sentiment is from the Perfectly Penned stamp set. She put different colored brads in each corner.

So, if you have every thought you couldn't possibly make your own cards, just see what a 10 year old can do! I am really looking forward to next summer when she will be able to visit again. We usually get a few crafting days in per summer:)

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you were inspired:) Tomorrow I have a card of my own to show off! Have a great day!

Kat


2 comments:

  1. What a talented girl she is, I love it when children craft & enjoy crafting along with them. A couple of my grandchildren love to craft too. Give a child the materials & thier little imaginations run wild ...It's fantstic watching thier projects evolve & keeps us young too!
    Thanks for sharing
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley will love your comment Jane. Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete