Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Card--a Little Late


I had to wait to post this card until the Challenge went live on November 1st at The Cupboard Trilogy. As a member of the Design Team I have to wait to share my submissions with you until the month of the Challenge I designed for.

The card above was really fun! I sent it to my granddaughter for Halloween:) For this card I sponged the background with Old Olive at the bottom, then More Mustard all the way to the top. Then I punched out a circle to use for the moon and stuck it on the page while sponging the top with Pumpkin Pie. Pull the circle off and tada! you have a moon:) What you can't see in the picture is that I embossed the black layer with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and spritzed it all with Champagne Shimmer mist (made by mixing rubbing alcohol and Champagne Shimmer Paint in a spray bottle--shake well to make sure it is mixed good).

So, for the list of Stampin' Up! products I used to make this card:


  • Card stock: Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, Old Olive and Whisper White
  • Stamp set: Spooky Bingo Bits
  • Classic Stampin' Pads: Early Espresso, Old Olive, More Mustard and Pumpkin Pie
  • Punches: 1/2" Circle, 1 3/4" Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, 1 1/4" Circle
  • Other: Champagne Shimmer Paint, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.
New Stampin' Trimmer #126889


On another note, the NEW Stampin' Up! Trimmer is FINALLY available!!! I just got mine today and can't wait to try it out!!! Click on the link get all the details plus Stampin' Up! has provided a video for you to watch showing the cool features on the new Stampin' Trimmer! If you are in the market for a paper trimmer or your old one just isn't meeting your needs anymore, check out the NEW Stampin' Up! Trimmer for just $29.95! I will have my new trimmer at our next Happy Stampers Club meeting for the ladies to "try before you buy"!

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend. If all goes well, I should be back on Sunday evening for the Sunday Night Chit-Chat:)

Kat




2 comments:

  1. Love the card!! The new trimmer looks great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't really do Halloween but needed a card for the Challenge blog I DT for and really like the way this one turned out:) I used the trimmer today and it cuts though card stock like it was butter! Love it already!

      Delete