Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Night Chit-Chat


Welcome to the Sunday Night Chit-Chat initiated each week by Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily. My picture tonight is of our 30L Harsch fermenting crock that we having been filling with shredded cabbage today to make sauerkraut (more on that subject tomorrow)! We made sauerkraut in our 15L Harsch fermenting crock a few months ago and have about 3 quarts left and that won't last any time at all. 

Well, let's get started!

I am...

Reading...Christmas in my Heart #21 (compiled and edited by Joe Wheeler), To the Far Blue Mountains by Louis L'Amour (our read aloud) and finishing up Bah Humbug by Heather Horrocks.

Watching...Nothing today. I am in the reading mood right now.

Listening to...Rocky snoring and hubby tamping down the cabbage in the crock for the sauerkraut.

Cooking/baking...Bread, baking potatoes and sweet potatoes for dinner along with some cooked cabbage.

Happy I accomplished this week...I got through Thanksgiving without getting sick and we have the 30L crock nearly full of cabbage soon to be sauerkraut!

Looking forward to next week...SEWING!!! Finally, I will take my machine out, set it up and get busy!

Thankful for today...My hubby who has been oh so helpful--with getting ready for Thanksgiving, clean up afterward and the whole sauerkraut thing.

*BONUS QUESTION*

What is the #1 item on your Christmas wishlist?!
I got the item that was on my wishlist--iPad 3 as an early Christmas gift. I really can't think of anything else at the moment.

Well, that's it for this week! Be sure to check out Carla's Chit-Chat and I will be back tomorrow with some more pictures of our sauerkraut adventure.

Kat
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. The thought of sauerkraut makes me sudder... lol! My mom used to make it & I just can't stomach it! lol! Happy sewing!! Please post what you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am probably your mom's age or close to it! We all love sauerkraut so it's a good thing. Besides it is a very inexpensive way to get probiotics and more effective too. Yes, I will definitely post what I make:) Thanks for stopping by Carla!

      Delete