Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday #2


Welcome to Thankful Thursday! As you can see, I haven't made any changes to my Thankful Thursday button at the top of the page and finally decided to leave it and start working on my December one:) Looking outside this morning makes me VERY thankful I have a nice warm house--it is foggy, drippy and COLD:(



The NUMBER ONE thing I am thankful for today is my son who turned 40 TODAY! Happy Birthday, Scott!!! We have been teasing him about it for weeks:) He is the best son a parent could ever have! He is thoughtful and giving, patient most of the time (and he needs that with me), a hard and reliable worker, easy to please--the list could go on and on! Oh, and did I mention that I was just 12 when I had him??? Just kidding! That would still make me over 50 so who's counting after that?!!! 



The second thing I am thankful for today is my Happy Stampers Club! They are a great group of ladies and we have sooo much fun at our meetings every month. Last night we made the ornament (pictured left) featured on the front of the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog. I couldn't find the cute Faceted Buttons when I was making mine so used an old faceted button from my button box. I could make dozens of these IF I had a cool melt glue gun. 


I kept burning the tips of my pointer fingers and one of the Happy Stampers was not so happy after she got a huge blister on HER finger! The ornaments really did turn out pretty though. These were made with Stampin' Up!'s Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies.

And last but not least, I am thankful for some fun gifts my hubby brought home the other day. I have a mismatched set of wine glasses that I use to serve sparkling juice for holidays but had been wanting a real set where all the glasses match so...



Tada! I now have a set of 8 (doing the happy dance)!!! The best part is that they were $5 off at Costco bringing the price down to $20! But, I also had a mismatched set of coffee mugs (although we use them to drink tea) so...



Costco also had these adorable Button Candy Mugs for $15 so hubby put them in his cart too! Looks like I'm set for Thanksgiving company. Now if someone would just come and clean my house!!!

What are you thankful for today?

Have a great day! I will be back tomorrow for 5 Things Friday and a card from our Happy Stampers Club!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Scott! Wishing him a special day and a special coming year.

    ReplyDelete