Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

My new Thankful Thursday button is a work in progress:)

Welcome to my first Thankful Thursday! Because I want to practice thankfulness, I am going to use Thursdays to share three things that I am thankful for! 

#1...I am thankful that I finished the applesauce today! I canned 65 quarts of applesauce in three days--whew! My back, legs and shoulders are sore but I am finished and we will enjoy the applesauce this winter:) The difference in colors reflects the different varieties or combination of varieties of apples. I tried to mix two or three varieties of apples for each batch.


#2...I am thankful for lots of free canning jars! I didn't think I would ever run out of canning jars but this year I did. My son was able to get me some free jars (all Ball & Kerr) from his boss' mother. What a blessing! I will make them some applesauce in return!


#3...I am thankful for our root cellar where we will be able to store food for the winter. It also acts as an additional refrigerator which comes in handy for the holidays!

What are YOU thankful for today? 


2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's awesome! Sooo much work but worth it in the end! :) What a blessing all of those jars must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That many jars new would have cost me $60 so it was truly a blessing:) We love applesauce so will have lots of it to eat this winter!

    ReplyDelete