Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Greenery


To add to my stress of getting ready for Christmas before taking off for DD's, we had the off of some beautiful greenery for FREE! I couldn't turn it down so Hubby and I decided to make a swag to go above the opening where our sofa sets. We both decided where the pieces went but Hubby did the wiring! 

We had fir, pine, cedar and holly to work with in abundance and it was all so fresh and great to work with.




The finished product!


Hubby has LED lights along the top of the opening which shine up and illuminate the swag! It is exactly what we needed and wanted there. When we were finished we still had a lot of greenery so I decided to try my hand at making a centerpiece.


Picture is kinda washed out but it really turned out nice (for a first try anyway)! When I got finished I thought I might like to put a candle in it but discovered if you want a candle you have to put it in FIRST! Next year I'll try to remember that! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!

Well, I am off to visit DD and DGD for the weekend. We will do a little shopping in Yakima on the way up. I hope you have wonderful things planned for the holiday! 



4 comments:

  1. It looks great! well done! :) Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and yours. (Your centerpiece reminded me of our dear friend we lost this Fall. She would be pleased to know you are carrying on the holiday tradition.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of her while I was making our decorations. Sure do miss her! Thought of her while I was making Russian Teacakes too (I made them for her every year for Christmas).

      Delete