Wednesday, January 23, 2013

More Ice Pictures

Ice on lilac bush
I have had some wonderful responses to my ice pictures so thought I would share a few more with you before it melts. Not today; maybe tomorrow???

Closeup of ice on lilac bush
I just have a point and shoot camera so can't get the detail in the ice but it is truly beautiful!

Frost-free faucet covered with ice
I looked out the kitchen window this morning and saw the frost-free faucet covered with ice and knew I needed a picture of it! Can you see the fog in the background?

Closeup of the ice on the frost-free faucet
The ice has built up on power lines to the point where they are breaking.  The power company is busy trying to restore power to those who has lost it. For new readers, we generate our own power using a wind generator, solar arrays and a diesel generator; the power is stored in batteries for our use. Though we have power, we are concerned for the fiber optic cable because it runs along with the electric lines.

I hope you are having a great day!

Kat

1 comment: