Friday, March 8, 2013

Five Things Friday


I haven't done a 5 Things Friday for awhile! This is when I just share 5 random things with you. Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily started me on this a few months ago but she hasn't been doing it lately. I guess nothing prevents me from doing a 5 Things Friday anyway! Let's see what I can come up with for today!

#1...I was really disappointed when Downton Abbey ended for the season but just found out that Season Two of Call the Midwives will be starting the last Sunday of this month on PBS:) Whoo Hoo! I did read that Downton Abbey has been approved for a fourth season--thank you whoever you are! Are you a fan of Downton Abbey or Call the Midwives?

#2...I am working on getting all the information together for our tax accountant. I procrastinate on this every year because I hate it! Today I was working on my hubby's business mileage. I should be ready to send it off to our tax accountant by the first part of next week! The mileage would be so much easier if I would do it at the end of each month instead of waiting till the end of the year! Hmmm...maybe I should do an Excel spreadsheet. Do you get your taxes done right away or procrastinate? Any good tips on logging business expenses? Do you have a software program you use to keep track of business expenses?

#3...I am really excited about the class I am taking to learn My Digital Studio. It is 2 hours a week for 4 weeks plus homework. The first class was pretty basic and since I had been using the program some already I knew much of what the instructor was sharing but I figure the 25% she shared that I didn't know was well worth the time spent! I am really looking forward to next week's class:) Digital scrapbooking/cardmaking will never replace sitting at a table with paper, stamps and embellishments but it is an interesting avenue to explore. One of the class members gave a GREAT suggestion: Load the Go to Meeting App on an iPad so you can watch what the instructor is doing on the iPad and work in the MDS2 program on the computer! WOW! I will be doing this come Wednesday! 

#4...To cruise or not to cruise...that is the question! Hubby and I have been somewhat resistant to going on a cruise though we have thought it would be fun. On the one hand, it is an inexpensive way to travel as your room, food, entertainment are all included in the purchase price (tips are extra). On the other hand, it has seemed a bit self-indulgent. Could our money be better spent purchasing something for the house, visiting family/friends, putting more money into retirement savings, exploring possible retirement locations, etc. What are your thoughts? If you had the money, would you go on a cruise? Would it make a difference if you were to cruise with family or close friends? What if we made it a reward for me losing 30 pounds???

#5...I have felt like such a slug since September! Is it never going to end?!!! First it was my food allergies. Fast forward to January and finally food allergies confirmed, my rash went away about mid-month but still working on energy level and immune system. Then we went on holiday to the coast February 12-15 and came home with the flu:( I am still not feeling completely well--lethargic, scratchy throat, stuffy nose! I know I need to get on the treadmill anyway and I do force myself to get the basic housework done but above that, nada, nothing, zip! I keep telling myself that spring is coming and I will be able to get out in the sun and will feel more energetic. It also might help if I remember to take my vitamins:P Any suggestions? 

My "to do" list for today includes:

  • Vacuum and mop
  • Dust
  • Clean the bathroom
  • Bake banana bread
  • Run the dishwasher and put dishes away
I hope you are having a great day!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kat! I sure here you about immune systems. Taxes I am all over them as soon as I get my books together at year end. I do all our books for the business in our ledger by hand. Cruise? Sound good, but if I had the money I think I would love to go to New Zealand. Treadmill is something I need to be doing too, as I was feeling better when walking every day 2 years ago. Maybe we could become long distance walking buddies or treadmill, to encourage one another. I am either too tire or too busy it seems to get going on it. Happy the flu bug is almost gone for you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have been using a ledger but was thinking about moving into the computer age of bookkeeping. The last time I tried it was a disaster:( Hmmm...New Zealand would be nice but not sure I could do 10 days in New Zealand for $3,000. Would love to be your virtual walking buddy:)

      Delete