Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fancy Fold Swap Cards #1

Good Morning! Yesterday seemed to slip through my fingers and didn't get a post up. That happens sometimes! 

Please pray for my friend Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily today. There has been a family crisis and they need our prayers.

Back at the beginning of this month I shared a card I made for the Fancy Fold Swap via VC Rocks. You can see that HERE! Well, on Tuesday, hubby picked up the cards I received at the Post Office! All I can say is WOW! These cards are stunning and you are going to love them!!! My card was voted hostess favorite but honestly, I don't know how the hostess was able to choose! I would have just had to give a prize to all of them! But where to start?!!! I guess I will just reach in the bag and pull from the top:) Enjoy!


This first card I am calling Secret Garden Gingham! Fortunately for you (and me), most of the participants included the ingredients for their cards. For this card, Loydean Wood used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:

  • Paper: Whisper White and Melon Mambo card stock; Vellum card stock, Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper
  • Ink: Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad; Versa Mark Pad
  • Stamps: Secret Garden and Blooming with Kindness (sentiment)
  • Other: White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Basic Rhinestones, Large Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Secret Garden Framelits, Sponge or Dauber

See the card inside above. I have been trying NOT to purchase the Secret Garden stamp set with matching Framelits because I didn't think I needed it but after seeing this card I just might have to get it! Sooo many stamps; so little money:(

The second card I have for you today I am calling Baby Bundle! 


I was totally blown away by this card by the fact that I would not have thought of using Soft Suede and Summer Starfruit on a baby card! But as you can see, this card totally rocks!!! I LOVE IT!!! I will definitely be working some of these colors into my baby cards from now on. For this card Jamie Adcock, Fancy Fold Swap Hostess, used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:
  • Paper: Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Whisper White and Summer Starfruit card stock; Soft Suede and Summer Starfruit Designer Series Paper 
  • Baby Bundle stamp set (retired)
  • Ink: Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Rose Red and Summer Starfruit
  • Other: 1/8" Mini Brads, Baja Breeze Ruffled Ribbon (retired), Scallop Oval Punch, Dimensionals

I don't know if you can tell but the blue piece that's tucked under the Scallop Oval opens up and the bottom Soft Suede piece opens up to look like the picture above. Oh so clever. If you want to see more of Jamie's creations, you can check out her blog at Wanna Be Creative.

Well, that's it for me today! I will be back to share some more Fancy Fold Swaps with you tomorrow:) I love, love, love these swap cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment