Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy Homemaker...Tuesday


As you could see from my previous post, Happy Homemaker Monday had to move to Tuesday for me! Fortunately all is working out...car is getting fixed and we have two other cars to shuffle between three of us. I just have to keep reminding hubby that he can't make appointments on Wednesday because I need a car! The very busy and super talented Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom is our weekly host for Happy Homemaker Monday.

So, let's get started with my Happy Homemaker...Tuesday!

The weather...It will likely be in the mid 90's today but may start cooling down a little.

Right now I am...Writing this post.

Thinking...About all I need to get done today.

On my reading pile...Just starting The Inn at Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber. Do audio books count?!!! I am finishing up House Rules (audio) by Jodi Picoult--excellent book!!! Our read aloud is another book in the Sackett series by Louis L'Amour, Galloway. 

On my TV...Not much TV watching lately because I am enjoying reading but do watch Secret Millionaire on Sunday nights!

On the menu for this week...Still no menu but fall is coming so I may start doing a menu when things cool off a bit so I can do more cooking without turning the air conditioner on.

On my to do list...Biggest thing is to get ready for my Happy Stampers stamping club meeting tomorrow night.

In the craft basket...Sadly, I haven't done any knitting, crocheting or sewing for a couple weeks. I haven't figured out how to knit and read at the same time but maybe could do audio books...hmmm!

Looking forward to this week...Meeting with my Happy Stampers tomorrow night!!! We always have sooo much fun!

Looking around the house...As usual, dogs and dog toys everywhere! I need to throw out the flowers hubby got me a couple weeks ago and straighten the coffee table and end tables.

From the camera...


Our cute little nectarine tree...with nectarines on it!!!
On my prayer list...

  • Friends who are babysitting their great-grandchildren for ten days!
  • Friend in Germany who is struggling with lots of changes in her young life.
  • Friends struggling with lots of issues
  • My mom
  • A friend coming up on the first anniversary of his wife's death--always difficult
  • Friend Margarita who just moved to Japan with her family (hubby stationed there via Navy)--that their adjustment will be quick and painless. 
Bible verse; Devotional...I just attended a wedding on Saturday so I Corinthians 13 comes to mind; it was read during the wedding ceremony...


13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 
does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 
bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there aretongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 
For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Have a great day and I hope to have something crafty to show you tomorrow!

Kat




2 comments:

  1. How cute is your nectarine tree :) I love 1 Corinthians 13!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is about baby plants, but I love them to bits! The nectarines are oh so yummy too! Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete