Friday, September 6, 2013

Five Things Friday


Today I am a little bit scattered and maybe a bit discombobulated! Not sure why, just one of those days! I call these my ADD days! Just bouncing from one thing to the next but not finishing anything! Let's see if I can finish this post!

We have had thunderstorms the last couple of days so turned our internet off Wednesday night and yesterday to avoid a hit. A couple months ago we got a hit and it took out one of our phones and the internet. Fortunately, hubby was able to plug the internet into another port on the board and we were back up. We didn't turn it on until last night when I wanted to download the next book in Louis L'Amour's Sackett series, Treasure Mountain. Only three books left to go in this series of 17 books. 

When I saw that Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily was doing Five Things Friday, I thought I would play along! Sooo...

1. Cardmaking...This week I made and mailed off one Thank You card to hubby's client plus made and delivered 9 cards to my Stampin' Up! customers. I have my "stepped-up" card completed but still need to make 3 more for my wonderful downline! Hope to get those mailed off on Monday. I need to make 4 downline cards and 8 customer thank you cards for last month when I wasn't feeling up to making cards at all. Sunday and Monday I will be getting ready for my Happy Stampers Club that's meeting on Wednesday--a full week early because I be visiting my DD and DGD the following week!

2. Garden...We are enjoying the very last of our peaches:( But the grapes are on and producing great! I can't seem to get enough of them!!! We also have LOTS of raspberries that I need to quit eating and put in the freezer:) The tomatoes are producing slowly...lots of green ones! Cucumbers, oh so yummy! We don't have as much in the garden this year but what we have is delicious!!!

3. Knitting...I am working on my sock but am at a place where I need to tear out a bit. I got messed up on the gusset so will tear back to the end of the heel flap and see if I can figure out where I went wrong. However, if I can't figure it out I have a wonderful friend (Barb) who can help me out of my jam:) I am hoping I will have two sock finished here soon!

4. Reading...Well, a couple weeks ago I went to the Library and saw an audio book by Nora Roberts called The Perfect Home. But discovered this was book 3 of The Inn Boonsboro Trilogy. Well, the library didn't have book 1 on audio but had it in book form which I prefer anyway. So I got book 1 and 2, read them and picked up book 3 this week and finished it up this morning. I hadn't read Nora Roberts before and probably won't again but this was an interesting read--obviously as I read 3 books in less than 3 weeks! Nora Roberts is one of my daughter's favorite authors. Now, I can settle down and finish The Iodine Crisis by Lynne Farrow to be followed by The Magnesium Miracle by Carolyn Dean, M.D., N.D. As I said above, we are still working through Louis L'Amour's Sackett series for our read aloud most evenings.

5. Cooking...When it's hot I don't cook much; we mainly eat raw or quick and easy. However, last night I was in the mood for Garbanzo Oat Burgers and wasn't disappointed! Yummy! Today I am going to have some with baked sweet potatoes and a salad! I need to make a big batch of Granola so may mix up a batch today to bake tonight. It turns out perfect when I let it bake at a low temperature overnight--no need for stirring!

6. Blogging...I know it's supposed to five things but I just wanted to add one more! Some people might think that when a blogger doesn't blog it's because they don't have anything to share and that might be the case with some. However, for me that will NEVER be the case as I have sooo many things I want to share! Some of my readers have commented to me privately or asked me if something was wrong as over the last couple of months, even when I did blog, it wasn't with the same enthusiasm as I normally have. Depression set in for me just before my birthday in July (no, it wasn't age related) and didn't leave until just recently. I felt guilty because I have sooo much to be thankful for and no reason to be depressed but that didn't help either. Well, the crisis has passed. Thank you to all who realized something was wrong and were praying for me. Sometimes it's hard to ask for help in the midst of the storm.

Well, I think I have sufficiently told you more than you care to know so I will be off to get this messy house cleaned and some cooking done!

Have a great weekend and I will be back Sunday night for the Sunday Night Chit-Chat! 

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the cards, Kat!! :) I'm sorry to hear that you were depressed... I get in a "funk" sometimes too, and tend to "fake it till I make it". But it's hard sometimes I know.. it doesn't mean you're ungrateful for what you have, just going through something deeper. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty good at "faking it till I make it"! I am just thankful it's over...till the next time! I will be working on cards again today! Can't seem to do it without a smile on my face...my happy place:D

      Delete