Thursday, September 12, 2013

Happy Stampers Meet Again

Good Morning one and all! First off, I want to wish my friend, Margarita, a very happy 40th birthday today! She is living in Japan so on her side of the world her birthday was yesterday but here, now, it is today:) I have a huge amount of admiration for this woman who is a Navy wife, mother of 3, stamper and crafter extraordinaire and a wonderful friend. She is one of my daughter's best friends. I feel fortunate to have met her and become friends with her over the last five years. Margarita became part of my Stampin' Up! downline a year and a half ago but has been stamping for years! Happy Birthday Margarita!!! Remember, the best is yet to come!

Now, onto the task at hand before I get all teary thinking about Margarita so far away! 

My wonderful Happy Stampers Club met last night and we had sooo much fun! I know I say that every month but last night we just seemed to have a little more fun than normal:) Kim volunteered to bring a Halloween project which ended up being two projects because she couldn't decide which one to do! Thank you, Kim! They were both fun, fun, fun!!! At the last minute we decided to switch them up a bit with the Spider Web Embossing Folder (retired) and it gave both of the projects a real WOW! factor!

First up...


The card on the left was made by someone following directions and the card on the right was made by someone not following directions (me!). You have to stamp, then emboss! We had even talked about it and then I didn't do it! Oh, well, plan B...stamp on white card stock, use Labels Framelits to cut it out and then make it look a bit ghastly by sponging black on the edges! Definitely an acceptable substitute! I don't know the names of the stamp sets we used on this card but do know they are retired. 

Second card...


Whoa! This one is just too cute! For this one we used the Halloween Happiness stamp from the Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog! Too cute! The ribbon used on both of these projects is a retired Stampin' Up! ribbon and I wish I had several spools of it! 


I stamped the inside of both cards with the same sentiment but added the cute little pumpkin to this one. 

Thank you Kim for these great projects! I know everybody enjoyed them!

Well, I'm off to try to get something done today so I will be back tomorrow with our third project using the NEW Envelope Punch Board!

Thanks for stopping by today:)

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, THANK YOU Kathy-kat! My life is so much more Blessed with you and dear jaime in it! :) xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You give so much more than you receive, dear girl! Love you:)

      Delete