Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September Design Team Projects

Good Morning to all of you in blogland! Summer is coming to an end and I can feel the nip in the air that signals Fall's fast approach. We are having nippy nights and very warm days. I try not to complain about the heat because I know that all too soon we will have frost on the ground and I will have to trade in my flip flops for warm fuzzy boots! I hope my flip flops can remember how much I love them through all those cold months! Oh, but that's not what this blog post is about! I could do a whole week of blog posts on SHOES! But, alas, I will spare you:)

This month I created two Design Team projects for The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges! Usually I feel really lucky to get just one done plus commenting on my share of the entries. Last month we had an amazing 75 entries--WOW! There were some pretty amazing cards entered! The theme for September is Male--my hardest category! However, when I think of Male cards, my mind immediately goes to The Open Sea stamp set by Stampin' Up! Love it!!! So that is the first one I took out to make this card...


I started out by deciding I wanted to make a 5" x 5" square card. Then I decided to create a background for my ship so stamped the log image in Crumb Cake and the world image in Early Espresso. Looking at it now, I think I would stamp the world image in Soft Suede but it is what it is:) My son saw this card and loved it so I guess when I finish the inside it will be his birthday card come November.

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up supplies:

  • Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla
  • Classic Stampin' Pads: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Midnight Muse
  • The Open Sea Stamp Set
  • Punches: 1 3/8" Circle and 1 1/4" Circle
  • Other: Stampin' Sponges, Dimensionals, Antique Brad and Linen Thread
For my second card I pulled out a retired favorite, . So what to do that I hadn't already done?!!! Nothing fancy but...


This time I decided cut my card stock at 4 1/4" x 11" and folded it in half to make the card 4 1/4" X 5 1/2", then laid it on it's side (opening on the right). 

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:
  • Card Stock: Midnight Muse (can you tell I love that color!), Bashful Blue (retired) and Whisper White
  • Ink: Midnight Muse and White Craft Ink
  • On the Fly Stamp Set (retired)
  • 7/16" Burlap Inspired Trim--Love it!!!
This one was super quick and easy! Move that left hand fishy to left a little bit and it would be "perfect"!

I have so many things backed up over the last month that I want to share with you but will just go one day at a time and do what I can do!

Thank you for stopping by today! I have more for you tomorrow so be sure to visit again!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. I think you make male cards so well! My favorite male cards are nautical ones, and your card has such a great vintage feel to it. I also like the clean look of your card with the fishing man. Great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I love the nautical cards! Thanks for visiting, Pia:)

      Delete