Friday, March 28, 2014

March Take 3 Challenge

We are getting some real RAIN today which we need! I live in high desert country and our average rainfall is about 12 inches per year! This rain will bring up the Spring wheat and be a big boost to the winter wheat that was planted! Yay! Rain on!!!

I am leaving on my road trip to Southern Oregon Sunday morning so I may or may not be back for the Sunday Night Chit-Chat! Depends on if I feel chatty after all that riding/driving. It's a 7 hour trip; more with stops and Grammas have to stop!!!



I have been participating in Carla's March Take 3 Challenge over at My 1/2 Dozen Daily. I thought I would give you one last update since it is so close to the end of the month! Tuesday I will be starting the A to Z Blogging Challenge AND will be on vacation so I most likely won't get another chance.

Financial: My financial goals are regarding my monthly allowance of $200.
  1. Continue to fund my budgeting envelopes--all funded and up to date!
    • Personal (hair, makeup, personal items)
    • Gifts
    • Trip to daughter's (quarterly trips)
    • Clothes
    • Misc--lunch out, postage, etc.
  2. Purchase 3 gifts this month (from money in "gift" envelope)--Yes! I have the gifts tucked away ready for giving:)
  3. Have $500 saved for trip the end of March--already have $300 saved--Trip fully funded thanks to my hubby who gave me $200 from out tax refund! I would have made it anyway so maybe I will still have money when I get home:) Now that's a novel idea!!!
Decluttering: Finish decluttering my office and start working on craft room.

The decluttering did not go well:( I will put this on my "to list" for April and see if I can make it happen! 

Personal:
  • Walk on treadmill 5 days per week for 60 minutes at 2.8 mph and 4% incline. I am counting this one a success because I am walking 5 days a week for 60+ minutes at 2.8 mph but when I tried to increase to 4% incline it really hurt my back so will continue at 3% and try 4% again next month! I am moving and that's what's important here:)
  • Sauna 3 days per week for 30 minutes--Only twice this week...working on making it more of a priority.
  • Weight training 2 days per week for 20 minutes--Not at all this week; have I told you how much I hate exercise?!!! I tried the workout from Weight Watchers but ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I would have to be 30 years old to do some of those exercises! I will plan out a workout when I get back from vacation.
  • Continue with Weight Watcher's Online through the month--Yes, I am working the program but haven't lost any weight in two months:( I switched to the Simply Filling Option where I have certain Power Foods to eat; hasn't really made a difference. HOWEVER, I have lost some inches this month; not enough to go down a size but good nonetheless!

Well, there you have it! I still have things to work on but I got a good start this month! Am I glad I took this challenge? Yes, indeed! Without it I most likely wouldn't have made the progress I did!

Our motel in Medford has a nice Fitness Room and an indoor pool so will be getting my exercise there as well. Besides, I will need to keep up with my 8 year old granddaughter and that's no small feat!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments: