Friday, April 4, 2014

D is for Dogs

Welcome to day four of the A to Z Blogging Challenge!
Are we having fun yet? Have you visited any of the other blogs?

Before I get started with the letter D, I just want to let you know that the road trip with my daughter and granddaughter was GREAT! We stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Medford, OR and the suite was amazing:) Then yesterday stopped at Wildlife Safari in Winston, OR for about 4 hours of awesomeness!!! So.much.fun!!! We stayed in Portland last night and are going our separate ways this morning. Gramma had tears in her eyes are DD and DGD drove away:(

My post today is about my dogs! Since dogs are a HUGE part of my day and my life, I thought I would share a little about these two loved members of our family.


Our Great Dane Beau is a rescue dog. We have had him for about 3 1/2 years. He does not like strangers but LOVES us! He follows me around the house all day and I often trip over him because he is always lying on the floor near where I am working.

For most of the time we've had him, we had a hard time getting him to eat enough to put some weight on. A couple months ago we had some bitter cold so I brought his food inside and put it on our other dog's crate...just left it out all day. Well, we found out Beau is a social eater and will eat all his food if someone is near. 


Our second dog is actually our son's dog, Rocky a 2 1/2 year old English Bulldog. He is like a perpetual two year old kid! So funny! I told my son that at this point if he moved out he would have to leave the dog behind:))) Rocky loves his people but loves everyone else too! He and Beau are best friends but more like siblings because they pick on each other as well as play together!

I had a few more pictures I wanted to share but it's difficult with blogging from a motel room. Next week should be easier!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to visit some of the other bloggers in the Challenge...especially those who take the time to comment on my posts:)

Tomorrow is the letter E! Hmmm...what starts with E???

Kat

8 comments:

  1. It is hard when you leave the grandchildren, isn't it? I know I usually spend the wait time at the airport looking at the pictures on my camera and remembering the fun time I had with my girls. I had a great dane when I was a kid...wouldn't have one now, our house is too small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's painful! We have had several Great Danes but this is our last one. Too much dog for me anymore although are sweet dogs.

      Delete
  2. Danes are terrific dogs, but admittedly the English bulldog is my favourite kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, William! I am partial to the bulldog myself!

      Delete
  3. Hello, I decided to choose blogs randomly from the list today so decided to see where you were on your retirement journey!

    I love dogs, my own has sadly passed away but I still work with dogs as a volunteer.

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    Mars
    Curling Stones for Lego People

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about your dog! What a wonderful work you do to volunteer with dogs:) Thank you for choosing my blog today...I don't blog much about "retirement", just what I am doing in my retirement.

      Delete