Wednesday, April 16, 2014

N is for Nutrition

Woo Hoo! I am half way through the A to Z Blogging Challenge! The Challenge is more than just posting 6 days a week. It also means I have a responsibility to visit 5 blogs per day on the list of 2083 blogs participating in the Challenge. I am now #828 (started out at 905) so some people must have dropped out after I signed up.


I really struggled with what I was going to write about today. But then it hit me while I was making my morning smoothie--nutrition! Nutrition is such a big deal for people living with Fibromyalgia! I need to stay away from chemicals like MSG; night shade foods need to be eaten in moderation and sometimes not at all (tomatoes, potatoes, egg plant, peppers). Fresh and organic is almost always a winner for me.


We drink smoothies for breakfast frequently but recently my hubby was watching a demonstration at Costco for Vita Mix (we already have one so don't know why he was watching). The demonstrator was making a smoothie so hubby brought home the ingredients to make it. I think I have made a few additions to it but I do that with everything I make!


So my gift to you today is the recipe for this delicious smoothie!

Pineapple Citrus Smoothie
(4 servings but Hubby & I share it)

2 cups fresh pineapple
1 orange, peeled leaving the white
1 lemon, peeled leaving the white
1 lime, not peeled
1 apple
2 bananas
2 Tablespoons Hemp Seed Kernals

  • Use blender to blend till smooth (might need to have heavy duty blender like Vita Mix)
  • Add 10 ice cubes, one at a time.
  • Enjoy--this tastes amazing!
Have a great day! Tomorrow is the letter O!

Kat





10 comments:

  1. My mother liked making smoothies. I'm sure that's one she would have enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely! I totally commiserate on the food restrictions front. (lots of food sensititivies/arthritis triggers). I have not tried hemp seed before. Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hemp seed is great for the Omega Fatty Acids we need--alternative to Flax seed. Sorry about your food restrictions:( In a perfect world we would all be able to eat whatever we want and not get sick or fat:)))

      Delete
  3. Your smoothie sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try it! Might be a little citrusy for the kiddos but it is oh so yummy...and full of vitamins!!!

      Delete
  4. sounds good, except for the banana...one of those things I don't eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've tried it without the banana and it's still yummy!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I call those my "happy glasses"! They make me smile every time I get one out of the cupboard:)

      Delete