Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there and to all those other nurturing individuals! I hope you have a day filled with sunshine and peace! 

Today I am hoping to spend much time up in my craft room making all those cards that I didn't get made during the week! I am sooo far behind! My craft room is a happy place for me but I always feel like I have to have EVERYTHING else done before I can go up there but there never seems to be a time when everything else is done:( Today, I will just forget about all that needs to be done and go up there anyway!



The card above was made for me by my darling daughter! Such a pretty card! Hmmm...she must have been visiting her friend Ella again because I am sure she doesn't own this stamp set:)

I got my gift from my daughter on Thursday and had permission to open it early! She wanted me to start enjoying the Red Vines (my favorite) right away:) She also got me some other fun items but the best part was this adorable Photo Album Box she made. This is how the box looked all tied up with ribbon...


Oops! Looks like picture was a little blurry:(

Ribbons removed...


Take the lid off the box and...



Voila! The box opens out into a three layer album. DD has decorated each page with pictures of me, her and her brother! So fun! She also wrote a sweet message on the back of each little page. Such a wonderful gift and one I will treasure forever!

Now, DS almost always gets me what I ask for and this year I asked for a set of Prismacolor Colored Pencils! They have been on my wish list for at least ten years but are kinda spendy so they just never made it to the top of my "wish list" till now. So, it was not surprise that my gift from DS was...


Yes, that is correct, a box of 72 Prismacolor Colored Pencils along with a sharpener and blender pencils. For those who are thinking, "okay, colored pencils...hmmm!", these are NOT your grandma's colored pencils or the ones you used in grade school. Oh no! These are soft leaded colored pencils that are used for artwork! Remember the adorable card my friend Margarita made for me? Just to refresh your memory and because I never get enough of this cute, cute card...



Margarita colored this card with Prismacolor Colored Pencils!!! Just think, with a little practice I will be able to color images like this!!! Woo Hoo!

Well, now that I have done a little Show & Tell, I will be off to my craft room for a couple hours! Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily indicated last week that we would start Sunday Night Chit-Chat again this week so...keep your fingers crossed!

Have a wonderful day and be sure to hug (or call) your mother today! 

Kat

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful work!

    Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William! I will let my daughter know what you said about her work:) Can you believe she doesn't read my blog?!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a nice Mother's Day. That is one super nice set of colored pencils. You will enjoy those, I know. I love your creativity! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a teacher, you would know about colored pencils! Yes, I am thinking these will be a lot of fun to use and I am hoping to put them to use today. I also want to start a creative journal that I can use them in. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete