Tuesday, May 13, 2014

How Does My Garden Grow

Technically,it's not my garden! But since I live here I am claiming it as my own:) Like having a gardener...who I happen to be married to! My hubby LOVES to make things grow! He plants all the flowers, fruit and veggies on our little homestead! Today as we were walking around checking everything out, he asked when I was going to blog about his garden. Sooo...


Since I took a lot of photos I wanted to share I decided to try making collages out of them with My Digital Studio on my computer. It's a digital scrapbooking and cardmaking program by Stampin' Up! (who else!). A free trial is available if you are interested! But, this post is not about my love of Stampin' Up! 

The top photos are of our little flower area with the Mandevilla, ivy, Amaryllis and Begonias. The bottom photos are of the very swollen buds on the Peony bushes--just ready to burst forth with bloom! The inset is a bloom on a very short peony bush right next to the big one. 

Then on to the food...



The raspberries are blooming and I am so ready for those juicy morsels. On the inset, can you see the bee? The raspberry bushes are full of honey bees at the moment...they are loving it!

The strawberries we transplanted are doing so good! They are very happy in their new home:) Don't they look happy?!!!



Hubby put out 39 tomato plants he started from seed in the greenhouse. He also purchased a few plants that will give us a jump on some early tomatoes. The others will be used for canning, making salsa and pasta sauce.

Check out the spinach. We ate some in a salad the other day. Then their is my favorite--Sugar Snap Peas! Oh, I can hardly wait!

Hubby also has bell peppers, hot peppers, cabbage, onions, collards and eggplant planted. He is still planning to plant beets, green beans, carrots and who knows what else!

I hope you enjoyed my little garden tour!

Kat

8 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great! I wish my husband was a bit more of a gardener... he just likes the result :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband wishes I was more of a gardener! I, too, like the result:) I think you're only allowed one gardener per household! Lol

      Delete
  2. I am envious of your garden! It looks amazing. Every year I tell myself I'm going to garden but never do...maybe after reading your post I might find the inspiration to actually do it! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gardening is a lot of work but hubby seems to really enjoy it! The reward is in the eating. The spinach from the garden tastes so much better than what we were buying from the store.

      Thanks for stopping by Lucy!

      Delete
  3. Loved the garden tour ! thanks for sharing hubby's garden Kat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by Cindy! I will tell Hubby that you like his garden:)

      Delete
  4. I enjoy gardening, too. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people love it and some don't! You and my hubby obviously love it! I try to help with a little watering and some weeding. I am responsible for the strawberries...and for picking, preparing and canning!

      Delete