Wednesday, May 7, 2014

RAKs in the Mail

VC Rocks blog banner! Isn't it cute!!!


I belong to a very fun group of people called VC Rocks. The VC stands for Virtual Convention! Every summer, Stampin' Up! has a real convention in or near Salt Lake City, UT but it is really spendy by the time you get your plane tickets, motel, meals...well, you get the picture, so not every Stampin' Up! Demonstrator can go or even wants to go. Me, I would love to do it just once! I guess it's quite the Hoopla! So, several years ago, someone got the bright idea to start this virtual community to celebrate the new annual Stampin' Up! catalog, summer, stamping, and just having fun! I signed up last year and thoroughly enjoyed my time with the group that "meets" from May 1 through September. Yes, the group is dormant the rest of the year except for a brief surge in December!

VC Rocks is open for registration May 1-31 and accepts Stampin' Up! demonstrators and customers. But this is not an easy group to belong to...fun, but not easy! There are Swaps, RAKS (random acts of kindness), Challenges, Blog Hops, oh my! We even have a charity that we donate to at the end of the summer. This year our donations will go to Ronald McDonald House:) 

In the last week I have been the recipient of two RAKs and I wanted to share them with you! This first one if from Karen Gibson in Brunswick, Ohio...


This is a Clean and Simple; Quick and Easy card! Love it! Can you see the embossed frame behind the Happy Birthday sentiment? How about the texture she added to the banners? Great card! Thanks, Karen!

The second card is a Fancy Fold from Debbie Peterson in Arlington, Washington...


This is how the card looked straight out of the envelope but then you take the ribbon off and...


Check.it.out!!! What a beauty! And check out the cute tags in all the pockets!!!

I feel so blessed to have received both of these amazing cards AND to be part of VC Rocks for another wonderful summer!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed these beauties because I sure did! Now I need to get some cards of my own made! 

Kat


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know the ladies will be pleased with your comment:)

      Delete
  2. I like the creative designs on the cards, and it appears your VC club is a lot of fun. It's great to make friends through these clubs. Passing through on the AtoZ road trip. Michelle @ http://www.writer-way.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This club has been a lot of fun! Gives me a great outlet while staying at home "in the middle of nowhere"! Thanks for visiting, Michelle!

      Delete