Monday, June 2, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday


This day very nearly got away from me without doing Happy Homemaker Monday but, it is still Monday:) Thanks to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for hosting Happy Homemaker Monday each week! So, on with the show!!!

As I look outside my window:::
This day was glorious! Hubby has really whipped the yard and garden into shape and it looks like a park outside my window!

Right now I am:::
Just relaxing at the end of the day and working on this post.

Thinking and pondering:::
I have been thinking a lot about my life lately...what it is; what it could have been; what it could be. I guess it's that 60 benchmark coming up that makes me reflective.

On my bedside table:::
Books, magazines, napkins (I am a hoarder of napkins), remotes.

On my TV this week:::
Nothing! I am trying to finish up a couple of books I am reading.

Listening to:::
The wind rustling through the trees outside my open bedroom window.

On the menu for this week:::
Not good at the menu thing but we did have a delicious (if I do say so myself) pasta salad for dinner today. I might have to make it again this week because it was so good. 

On my to do list:::

  • Clean the guest apartment (because I didn't clean it last week)
  • Go through my closet to get rid of clothes and shoes that I don't wear
  • Tax stuff (for next year--trying to keep up on it)
  • Laundry
Happening this week:::
Tuesday - Bank and Post Office

What I am creating:::
I am crocheting a baby afghan for a baby due in October--a little girl:)

My simple pleasure:::
Getting my back scratched...ahhh!!! 

Homemaking tips:::
To go along with Sandra's tip...I hang all our dark colored clothes, especially black, on the wooden rack or on hangers. It preserves the color longer and the clothes last longer too! BTW, I am loving the aluminum foil balls I put in the dryer! Waayyy less static than even dryer sheets and sooo much cheaper:)

Looking around the house:::
One load of clothes on the floor waiting to be washed tomorrow; tonight's dishes need to be done. Surprisingly, the dining room table doesn't look too bad this week!

From the camera:::


We have been eating a few raspberries:)

Prayer List:::
  • Family who recently lost a child
  • Friend moving across country
  • Friend having cataract surgery this week
  • Friend needing a new job
  • For God to give me direction for my life
Bible verse/Devotional:::
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Well, that's it for me tonight! I am hoping to be back tomorrow to show you a card or two! I have enough new ones to fill up a whole week!!!

Kat

8 comments:

  1. Yummy Raspberries! You are an inspiration to many... XXXOOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cary! Yes, I love raspberries!!! Soon we will have enough for homemade Raspberry Lemonade:)

      Delete
  2. Raspberries will take a little longer here. You're keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine. I think you had snow till less than a month ago, right?!

      Delete
  3. I cleaned out my closet last week. Took 10 huge bags to the Goodwill! I got rid of all my work clothing. No more suits taking up space. Unfortunately the closets are still quite full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get rid of most of my dress shoes...don't wear them very often anymore. So many clothes in so many sizes! I need to pick a size and get rid of the rest!!!

      Delete
  4. Ooh I love the look of the raspberries. We've have less of strawberries this week and I always feel really decadent eating them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our strawberry plants are new this year so will have a few but will have to wait till next year for the bounty! Enjoying the raspberries though!

      Delete