Monday, June 23, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

I have a few extra minutes so thought I would pop on with Happy Homemaker Monday! Thank you for being so patient with my sporadic blogging till July 1. I look forward to getting back to some regular blogging again!


Sandra, our weekly host for Happy Homemaker Monday, just finished moving! I hate to move and so admire how she was able to move, keep her family running AND blog about the process!!! She is amazing!!! You can check up on what she's doing at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

Let's get started...

As I look outside my window:::
We have a cloud cover today with a light breeze. The temperature is a very comfortable 84 degrees (F). Our garden is amazing and the flowers are beautiful! I am so blessed to live where I do.

Right now I am::: 
Taking a break from laundry and housework by blogging and drinking a glass of iced tea.  

Thinking and pondering:::
I have been thinking about card ideas. No surprise, right?!!! I need to make 3 Thank You cards, 1 Birthday card, 2 swap cards and 3 Design Team Projects this week. Ideas are running through my head but I need to start putting them on paper!

On my bedside table:::
Books, books and more books! I could make a Jenga Puzzle out of the books! Also a stack of napkins; I am a napkin hoarder! So, what are the napkins doing in my bedroom? Good question! Our TV is in the bedroom so I often eat my lunch in the bedroom and put the gently used napkin on the beside table to reuse. The problem is that the next day I get another napkin. You see the problem, right?!!!    


On my tv this week:::
We have been watching Royal Pains on Netflix.

Listening to:::
The wind just picked up; no longer gentle! Also Rocky is snoring beside me.

On the menu for this week:::
No menu:( Hubby and I are experimenting with Intermittent Fasting. The method we chose is 3 days a week of 500 calories (hubby 600 calories). On Monday, Wednesday and Friday we eat one meal about noon with 500/600 calories and that's it till the next day. On the other 4 days we just eat normal. We just started our 2nd week.
 
On my to do list:::

Laundry--nearly finished

Cards--listed above
Purging clothes that I no longer need or want

Happening this week:::
Monday - Laundry; work on cards
Tuesday - Finish cards; get them ready to mail or upload
Wednesday - Laundry; sort stamping orders
Thursday - Deliver stamping orders; Chiropractor appointment
Friday - Clean house

What I am creating:::

I am making a baby afghan for a baby girl to be born in October!


My simple pleasure:::
Picking berries--any kind of berries. I have been picking a lot of raspberries. I'm hoping we can go to pick blueberries this week. I really enjoy picking berries:)   

Homemaking tips::: 
I wanted to start making my own foaming hand soap so we were looking online for a good pump that wouldn't stick or quit working in a short time. The more I read the more I realized the best pump already has soap in it...Method! So we bought enough containers of Method Foaming Hand Soap. I will have to wait till the containers are empty to make my own but thought it was interesting that you can't purchase a better pump dispenser. 
Looking around the house:::
It looks pretty good around here. The dogs are lying on the floor at my feet; the cat is on the back of my chair.  

From the camera:::

The Clematis is beautiful this year!

Prayer List:::

  • Baby in NICU; baby and mother both need prayer
  • My relationship with my extended family
  • Daughter and family while on vacation
  • Friend traveling from Washington to Missouri
Bible verse, Devotional:::
"To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice." Proverbs 21:3


"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

Well, that's it for today! I hope all is well in your world!

Kat



6 comments:

  1. Hi Kat - Happy Monday! I have been making my own foaming soap for years using "recycled" foaming soap dispensers that I purchased foaming soap in. I have been using the same soap dispensers for years with good results. Your fasting diet sounds interesting. Are you and hubby trying to lose weight? Please let us know how the fasting diet works. I have only fasted for spiritual/religious reasons in the past, but I know it does cut down on the calories. Good luck making your cards. have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are loving our Method Foaming Soap! The dispensers are the best we have tried so far. When they are empty I will make my own foaming soap with Dr. Bronner's soap. I will post more about the Intermittent Fasting diet in about a month; want to give it a little more time. And yes, it is to lose weight. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Awww you are always so sweet to me Kat, thank you, from the bottom of my heart :)

    I would love to be able to do a fasting diet, but I don't know if I could.

    You sound so busy, as always. Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't fast for 24 hours but this one seems to work good for me...so far anyway! I will keep you posted!

      Delete
  3. Blueberries would be more than welcome right about now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't end up going for blueberries:( We will have another chance when they come on near Portland. I do love berries...all berries!!! Even Gooseberries!!!

      Delete