Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Night Chit-Chat

My beautiful new lavender plant:)

I had a busy day today! My son and I went to The Dalles (nearest big town to us) to do some shopping. He needed to have some maintenance done on his car and I needed some yarn...among other things! But with 1 1/2 hour drive each way, it was a long day!

It's time once again for the Sunday Night Chit-Chat! A big thank you to Carla for hosting the Chit-Chat each week over at My 1/2 Dozen Daily:) So let's get started!

  • I am watching...America's Got Talent while I am typing this post
  • I am reading...Finishing up From Paralysis to Praise by Shirley Thrush; also reading The Litigators by John Grisham
  • I am looking forward to next week...Planting some new plants I bought today:) Oh, and being able to place my first order from the NEW Stampin' Up! catalog!!! So excited!
  • Did I have for dinner tonight...DS and I ate at Cousins Restaurant in The Dalles. I had a yummy Veggie Burger with Bread Pudding for dessert! I ended up bringing over half the pugging home.
  • Are my 3 top goals for next week...Get items ready for thrift store; clean guest apartment (didn't get it done last week); make hubby some cinnamon rolls
  • Best/worst financial decision over the last week...At Joann's today I got a lot of stuff and it was all on sale. I spent $43 but saved over $22:) I also discovered that Dollar Tree has American Greeting Cards that are regularly $3.89 for just $1. Though I make cards I am averse to making cards for people who really don't appreciate the time it takes to make one. So, being able to purchase some nice cards for a great price was GREAT! Worst decision (but still glad I did it) was dinner at Cousins. I had a $5 coupon plus a $25 gift card but the meal still cost us $20! I am not used to spending that much to eat in a restaurant but the food was really good:)
  • Made me happy this week...I received two cards this week! Always love receiving happy mail!
  • Is a lesson I learned this week...I really NEED a schedule and need to start using a Franklin Planner again. I was never so organized as when I used one. Thought I could get by without one since I am "just staying home" but am learning different.
Well, that's it for me tonight! Thanks for stopping by!

Kat



4 comments: