Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Night Chit-Chat



Hello and welcome to this week's edition of the Sunday Night Chit-Chat! Don't you love the photo Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily has for the Chit-Chat this week?!!! Beautiful! I have so many photos I need to download to the computer but...Oh well, Carla's photos are amazing!

This has been one very busy 4th of July weekend but I am home and ready to get back to my real life:) We had a very sad thing happen on the 4th of July and I really need your prayers that a miracle will happen. Our precious Rocky (English Bulldog) was outside with our Great Dane Beau while hubby went into Portland. DS and I were at DD's for the holiday. When hubby got home, Rocky was gone and hasn't come back:( We live on 20 acres in the middle of nowhere and are 1/4 mile from the county road. We have left the dogs outside many times with no problems but...My heart is broken! 

Okay, now I will wipe my tears (literally) and get on with the Chit-Chat!

I am...
  • Watching...We still have a few episodes of Royal Pains left to watch on Netflix. Last night I watched Flushed Away with my granddaughter and family:)
  • Reading...Still ready Geometry of Sisters by Luanne Rice
  • Listening to...Hubby has Pandora on...loud!
  • Cooking/Baking...Just got home but for 4th of July I made Potato Salad, Raspberry Lemonade (from scratch) and S'more Bites. Everything was a hit, especially the S'more Bites!
  • Enjoyed over the last week...A wonderful holiday weekend with my son, daughter, granddaughter and son-in-law!
  • Thankful for today...Thankful to be home safe and sound!
  • Happy you accomplished this week...I made it to my daughter's with everything I was supposed to bring except the potato salad I had worked so hard on (made another one at her house). And I think I made it home with everything that was supposed to come home with me as well. I almost always leave something!
  • Thinking about financially...Starting to save money for my next trip to my daughter's...in September! I try to go every 3 months.
Well, that's it for me tonight! I am super tired and very, very sad! See you tomorrow for Happy Homemaker Monday!

Kat

4 comments:

  1. Start asking around at the neighbours. Could he have been frightened by someone setting off fireworks on an adjoining property?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't set off fireworks in our area because we are high desert and very dry. Burn ban went on June 27. Nearest neighbor over 2 miles away but we have told neighbors, sheriff's office and posted on the website for his chip. Will call vet tomorrow and put ad in local paper.

      Delete
  2. Awww... I'll say a prayer that Rocky comes back home soon! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! Didn't realize how attached I was to that chunky monkey:(

      Delete