Friday, November 7, 2014

Five Things Friday

It is time once again for Five Things Friday! Today I can throw an eclectic bunch of thoughts at you at once:) So, what do I have to share today???

  • We are still eating (and yes, I'm bragging) tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, beets, strawberries, raspberries, eggplant, butternut squash and kohlrabi from the garden! We haven't had a frost yet though I know it's coming. We generally get the frost before November 15. Today I will be making my All You Can Eat Soup  with goodies from the garden for lunch...yummers!
  • We will definitely be purchasing the Janome HD3000 sewing machine sometime before Christmas:) Yay and Woo Hoo! I decided I want a travel bag for it so I can take it to my daughter's and to crafting get-togethers. This is the one I am looking at although there is a nice rolling bag at Joann's that is tempting...
  • My starter for the Artisan bread I have been itching to make died:( Or I think it died anyway. I am going to give it till Monday and if it doesn't really get going I will start over again. I might need to put a propagation mat under it (slightly heated for starting seeds) to keep the temperature consistent. Our house gets chilly at night because we let the fire go out so I'm thinking we need to try to keep the starter environment closer to 70 degrees (F).
  • I am making a pair of boot toppers and they are so easy and fun! This will be a great gift idea for the ladies on my gift-giving list:) I am currently lusting over this beautiful Pink Elephant "Resilient" Superwash Merino Sock yarn from Expression Fiber Arts only I want to use it to use it for a beautiful lacy scarf. The drawback right now is the yarn is $24 and I am trying to only spend on Christmas gifts right now.
  • I just started If I Stay last night and it is sooo good! The writing is incredible; the kind of book you don't want to put down! I checked it out from the online library so need to finish it soon. Speaking of books, I LOVE paper books that I can hold in my hand and turn the pages however, I have come to appreciate the Kindle App on my iPad. My brother-in-law introduced me to Book Bub. You set up your account and your preferences then you get an email every day with suggestions for you in your chosen categories! There are e-books on the list from FREE to $2.99; I don't think I have ever seen one for more than $2.99. If you have a Kindle, Nook or other reader, check out Book Bub!
Well, that's it for this week's Five Things Friday! I hope you have a great weekend and I will be back on Sunday for Carla's Sunday Night Chit-Chat over at My 1/2 Dozen Daily.

Thanks for stopping by:)

Kat

2 comments:

  1. While you're still getting use out of your garden, we had snow today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our garden days are finally over for this year but we still have lots of good garden produce stored for winter:)

      Delete