Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome to Tasty Tuesday or...What's for Dinner, Mrs. Skinner? I couldn't help it! My mother-in-law had a paperback sized cookbook called What's for Dinner, Mrs. Skinner?

Today's tasty treat is 3-Ingredient Coconut Oil Bisquits! I found the recipe on Pinterest and it comes from Ali at Gimme Some Oven and I was finally able to make fluffy, flaky biscuits! My family loved them with Cashew Country Gravy for a delicious Vegan breakfast!


3-Ingredient Coconut Oil Bisquits

Ingredients:

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Cut coconut oil into flour with pastry blender until mixture looks like fine crumbs. 
  3. Stir milk into mixture until it forms a soft dough and no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. Gently knead until mixture is combined but do not over knead.
  4. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. 
  5. Gently pat or roll dough until about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with biscuit cutter and place on baking sheet.
  6. Bake for 10 minutes or till biscuits have risen and are slightly browned on top.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you get the chance to try this great recipe!

Kat

4 comments:

  1. discovered quite by accident dh is allergic to coconut oil, so can't try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about hubby's allergy to coconut oil! These days I use it for EVERYTHING from washing my face to making lotions and potions to cooking!

      Delete