Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

Hello and Happy Monday to you all! This day has just zipped right away and here it is after 5:00 before I am getting the Happy Homemaker Monday done. 

Last month I was toiling away trying to get all our tax figures ready for our tax accountant and was fussing and fuming and super cranky! I decided right then and there that I would keep up with the tax stuff quarterly so as not to lose my mind trying to do it in February...or March. Today was the day and after 3 hours of figuring I finally have it finished for this quarter...Yay!!!

So, better late than never, please join me as I update you on my life via Happy Homemaker Monday hosted by the very busy and moving again Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom! I have lived in the same house for 20 years and I can't imagine what it would be like to have to move. Besides, decent, affordable housing is hard to find. Please visit Sandra and cheer her on!


The weather outside is::::
It is currently 58 degrees and seems like that has been the temperature since about 11:00 today. It is cloudy and just a bit breezy but not windy.

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Today was my Intermittent Fast Day so no breakfast. However, for lunch we had some delicious asparagus picked right from our garden! The store bought stuff does not even compare!

As I look outside my window:::
Wilson demolished a lily plant in the flower bed:( He really doesn't know any better and unless we catch him in the act it's hard to get after him for it. It's very cloudy and looks like we might get rain later tonight.  

Right now I am::::
Just finished my tax stuff for the quarter so am "relaxing" by writing this post.

As I look around the house::::
Dining table looks good for the 2nd week in a row:) Dog toys all over the living room but the dogs are in the dining room with me. Piles of laundry need to be done--I got one done today and will do 2 more tomorrow.

On today's to do list::::

Quarterly tax prep...DONE

Get ready for Wednesday's stamping club

Currently reading::::
List looks pretty much the same as last week but I am a lot farther along in each one:

  • Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions by Lysa TerKeurst
  • Read aloud: A Two Pedal World: The Journey (Book 2) by Paul Rega
  • Audio: Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult  
On the TV today::::
Thanks to Netflix:

Hart of Dixie
Drop Dead Diva 

We watched the best movie I have seen in a looonnnggg time this weekend. It's called The Hundred Foot Journey and was amazing!

On the menu this week::::
No menu...winging it as usual! However, my new favorite food blog, It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken has 10 Vegan Dessert Smooties that I want to try...well, I want to try 8 as 2 of them have peanut butter in them and I am allergic.

Favorite photo from the camera::::



Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
"Let your gentleness be evident to all." Philippians 4:5a (NIV)


Thanks for visiting! I will be back tomorrow for Tasty Tuesday with a delicious recipe for you!

Kat

2 comments: