Thursday, April 9, 2015

Wondrous Wreath for Spring

Yesterday was one busy day but a fun one. First up was my dental cleaning...not so much fun...but the hygienist said all looks great at 8 months following my LANAP procedure the middle of August! And I have felt sooo much better since a few months after the procedure...more energy and better immune system! After my teeth were sparkly clean we went to lunch. I know, doesn't make sense to dirty up those pearly whites right after but I was sooo hungry!!! 

Next on the agenda was Joann's...it was Senior Citizen Day with a 20% discount on just about everything. Could I find anything? Well, not much, but I did find embossing folders (reg. price $3.99-4.99) for 5/$10!!! 

The best part was a pedicure with my favorite technician, Joyce! She is amazing and such a sweetheart. I hadn't been since last Fall so it was definitely time! Hubby picked out the color to debut my pedicured sandal feet for Spring; OPI Romeo and Juliet! I love the names OPI gives their polishes. I had picked out Chocolate Moose (yes, I spelled that correctly) but went with Hubby's choice and love it!!!



A trip to Costco yielded me a new pair of my favorite shoes for walking...Fila Hyper Split in a beautiful shade of teal or turquoise or something like that...for just $19.99!!! I am currently wearing a pair of hot pink ones I bought last summer and just started wearing a month and a half ago when I started walking again but they are sooo comfortable I promised myself if they got them at Costco again I would buy them and put them away for when I need them. I have trouble getting tennis shoes that feel good and these feel great!!! I have been walking 2-3 miles a day, 5-6 days a week! Feels good and the dogs really love it and look forward to it:)

Today I had an online class through Creative Live on Beginning Mixed Media. Creative Live posts some classes that are free while they are live but once the class is over you can purchase it to watch over and over for $39. This was a 3-hour class and the instructor was amazing! I don't do Mixed Media (yet) but have been curious about what it is all about. I would like to combine it with Art Journaling, which I also haven't started...yet! 

So sorry to be super long-winded today! I really do have a card to share but was super excited to share all the other fun things as well:)

The card for today I call Wondrous Wreath for Spring! Doesn't this card just scream Spring?!!! The Wondrous Wreath was in the Holiday catalog and carried over to the Occasions catalog. I do hope it makes it into the new Annual Catalog starting in June! I used it for Fall, Christmas and now Spring! It is so versatile!


I found the inspiration for this card on Pinterest and my thanks go out to Amy Koenders of Stamp with Amy K! I switched it up just a little but not a lot! I have some Purely Pomegranate cardstock that I squirreled away when it retired a few years back and thought it would be perfect with this card paired with Wild Wasabi and the combo did not disappoint!

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:

  • Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate (retired), So Saffron and Pink Pirouette
  • Stamp Sets: Wondrous Wreath and Crazy About You (sentiment)
  • Ink: Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Pistachio Pudding, Purely Pomegranate (retired)
  • Big Shot with Lovely Lace Embossing Folder and Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies
  • Other: Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
Don't forget that Stampin' Up! has FREE SHIPPING through tomorrow, April 10 and you can get there by clicking on the shopping cart on the right!

That's it for me today! I hope you are having a great day and that the sun is shining where you are. 

Kat

4 comments:

  1. Your card is very pretty. I love the textured look to it. I hate buying running shoes too. I need treads on mine, for climbing slipper rocks but I do not have a passion for these bright colours. Its like retro 1988

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neleh! No slippery rocks for me these days...I fall too often. I stick to dry, flat ground as much as possible! I love the bight colors this time of year but normally gravitate toward fall colors.nthanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. At some point today I'll have to buy a couple of pairs of shoes... I think the snow's pretty much done, and my boots have lasted me through the winter, but it's time for shoes. I actually go for dress shoes and hikers, I've never liked sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you can finally shed the boots! I only wear sneakers for exercise otherwise it's sandals and flip flops:) Love the warmer weather!

      Delete